An astrogrid user is either granted or denied access to a grid job; this may be running software, accessing a web service, performing a search, executing a query, etc.
1. The user enters the job that he or she would like to run on the resource.
2. The resource calls its estimator to approximate how much time the job will take.
3a. For jobs under 1 ms:
- Request is automatically placed in a queue and executed.
3b. For jobs > 1 ms:
- Resource must check that the user has logged on to astrogrid.
4a. If user has not logged on:
- Message instructs the user to log on
4b. If user has logged on:
- Resource must determine if the user's permissions match the permission required for the request.
5a. If permissions do not match:
- Error message is returned to the user and the job is not executed.
5b. If permissions do match:
- Job is placed in a queue and executed (and the user is charged if a charging system is in place).
Please see the sequence diagram
for this case.
: Please add comments below. This area should be used for refinement of the above document. If you want to ask questions or start a dialogue with the author, please use (or create) a topic in the Use Cases Forum
: Once the refinements here and comments in the forum die down, perhaps you could rewrite the problem, incorporating the comments and refinements.
- 07 Jun 2002